Somehow you managed to get yourself voluntold to take care of the company’s SQL Server installation. Over time, you picked up the basic knowledge of how to use indexes to make queries perform better.
But there are still cases where things just don’t appear to work as expected. Cases where SQL Server seems to ignore existing indexes. Situations where you just can’t figure out how to create a fitting index in the first place.
If that describes you, this session is for you. In it you’ll discover:
- What index selectivity is and how it impacts index selection
- The ominous “tipping point” and how it can lead to surprising index choices by the optimizer
- How to improve Aggregate Performance with indexes
- How to improve Join Performance with indexes
- Indexes on heaps and the Forwarded Records trap
- Filtered Indexes
After attending, you’ll have a set of new tools and techniques in your SQL Server toolbox that you can take home and use to increase performance in your database right away.
So join Kevin Kline and special guest Sebastian Meine, Ph.D. (last seen in our Introduction to SQL Server Indexing webinar) for another interactive session where we take a deeper dive into the power behind indexes in SQL Server!_1597192847090