Body Cameras: Policy Decisions, Storage, Open Records and More….
NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND
Join us for a unique online experience! IWCE’s College of Technology is expanding to IWCE’s Urgent Communications, giving you the opportunity to extend your learning experience beyond the event. Presented by industry experts, these one-hour webinars will focus on the technologies you saw at IWCE and provide a strong foundation in communications technology.
Recent events have thrust public-safety body cameras and dash cams to the forefront of the news. As many agencies try to provide transparency through the use of cameras, there are practical aspects that need to be considered.
Topics covered include:
- How do you pay for the technology and equipment?
- Is the camera always on? If not, who controls when it is turned on and off?
- Do usage policies differ when an officer is in a public setting vs. private property?
- How do you store those large video files? Is it better to host them on in-house servers, the Cloud or other technology considerations?
- Who has access to it through freedom-of-information and open-records requests? Do you have the resources to fulfill the requests?
- How do you find the piece of video you need in thousands of hours of footage?
- Explore the policies and logistics in this informative session.