|Complex Parenteral Formulations for the Delivery of Peptides, Proteins, Nucleic Acids and Small Molecules|
Thursday, November 21, 2013, 10AM - 11:00 AM EST and
Thursday November 28, 2013, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CET
Progress in delivery science, manufacturing technologies, and commercialization successes are playing critical roles in advancing the development of complex parenteral formulations for new drug substances having a variety of formulation challenges. Unique formulation strategies and solutions are being investigated to extend the release or target peptides, proteins, nucleic acids, and small molecules for systemic, local or cellular delivery. Many complex parenteral formulations are on the market, and many more are in company pipelines. This 60-minute webcast will provide insight on the delivery science and product development of complex parenteral formulations. Learn from leading industry experts on:
- Formulation design and fabrication technologies used to make extended-release parenteral formulations for systemic and local delivery of peptides, proteins, and small molecules. Dosage forms to be discussed will include bioabsorbable microparticles and implants.
- siRNA drug delivery by examining advances in achieving human proof of concept for RNA interference (RNAi) and defining opportunities to develop nucleic acid-based medicines. Delivery approaches and related clinical applications will be examined for lipid nanoparticles, targeted conjugates, and polymer conjugates.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn about new manufacturing technologies to produce injectable microparticles and implants
- Understand the current and future market for extended-release complex parenteral formulations
- Understand the potential for new extended-release products based on lactide/glycolide bioabsorbable polymers
- Learn of the clinical progress of siRNA and nucleic-acid-based medicines and the key systemic delivery approaches for siRNA that have entered the clinic
Who Should Attend:
- Senior management of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Formulation scientists
- Professors and researchers in the fields of pharmaceutical sciences and drug delivery
- Regulatory professionals
Patricia Van Arnum
Dr. Thomas Tice
Senior Director, Global Technical Marketing
Dr. Mark Tracy
Tracy BioConsulting, LLC
Register for this FREE Webcast!