|Tools of the Trade: Using the Latest Technologies to Improve Language Learning|
Thursday, September 26, 2013, at 02:00 PM EDT
Tools of the Trade: Using the Latest Technologies to Improve Language Learning
The American Association of Community Colleges invites you to join the nation’s leading language experts for an interactive presentation highlighting innovative uses for technology in the nation’s foreign language and ESL classrooms.
Hear from these leaders:
• Martine Howard, chairperson department of language and culture and assistant professor, Camden Community College, N.J.
• Destiny Tsumas, professor, world languages, Mitchell Community College, Statesville, N.C.
• Tom McDonnell, dean languages and visual arts, Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, Neb.
• Dallas Jurisevic, Spanish professor, Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, Neb.
• Veronica Torres, professional language tutor, office of academic support, Kennedy King College, Chicago
You will learn:
• New approaches to blended, hybrid, and online learning
• The impact of mobile devices, including iPads and smartphones, on foreign language and ESL programs
• What the flipped classroom model can do for college language learning programs
• How emerging technologies could change the future of college language instruction
Sponsored by Rosetta Stone