Join Infonetics, Alcatel-Lucent, EXFO & Fujitsu for a Live, Interactive Webinar
The OTN Expansion: The Next Carrier Upgrade Cycle
Date: Tue., September 17 | Time: 8 a.m. PDT / 11 a.m. EDT / 4 p.m. BST | Duration: 1 hour
Optical Transport Networks (OTNs) are one of the fastest-growing segments of the optical market, making up nearly half of all 2011 optical equipment spending as confirmed in Infonetics’ OTN and Packet Optical Hardware report. As carriers refresh their transport infrastructure, there’s an opportunity to roll in new functions like OTN switching to fill these new, fat 100G pipes. This webinar will look at transport network deployment plans for the next five years and the role that OTN switching will play in this expansion.
Who Should Attend
Service providers, cable companies and suppliers looking to better understand the high-growth OTN market.
What You Will Learn
- Why additional capacity and flexibility are needed to cope with network growth
- Key ways in which OTN provides flexibility and capacity, driving value and sustaining growth for the future
- How OTN complements the rollout of 100G
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A
- Andrew Schmitt, Principal Analyst, Optical, Infonetics Research
- Kevin Drury, Optical Products & Solutions Marketing Leader, Alcatel-Lucent
- Bruno Giguère, Advisor, CTO Office, EXFO
Stephen Smith,Principal Solutions Architect, Packet Optical Networking, Fujitsu Network Communications
- JoAnne Emery, Event Director, Infonetics Research (Moderator)