|Building the finance function: tips for growing businesses and their advisers|
Will be held on 14 March 2013, 2pm (UK)
No entrepreneur sets out to build a good finance team - but a growing business can't manage without one. What can business owners do to ensure they have the right finance people, systems and policies to drive and support growth? Fortunately, it doesn't all come down to money or personal expertise as much as vision and sound business planning. Building on this understanding and on robust research, this question and answer session with ACCA and Sage explores finance's journey from shoebox to cubicle with an emphasis on practical tips for business owners and their advisers.
During this webinar ACCA and Sage will jointly address the following questions:
- How can I ensure my in-house financial capabilities grow with the business? Does this mean I have to buy software or hire staff I won't need for some time?
- How can my finance team help me assess the case for new products or services? How about new customers?
- How can I use financial information to decide how much credit I should be offering my customers?
- Everyone I approach for advice keeps saying 'stay on top of cashflow' but I can't control who pays late and the state of the economy is not helping. What can I do?
- What key performance indicators should I adopt? Can a few numbers really provide a good indication of the health of the business?
DOES THIS WEBINAR COUNT AS CPD?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to these three questions then you can count this free webinar towards your verifiable CPD requirement:
1 Will the learning activity be relevant to your career?
2 Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
3 Can you provide evidence that you undertook the learning activity