|Live Press Briefing on Findings of 2013 California Biomedical Industry Report|
Findings of the 2013 California Biomedical Industry Report about the future of the biomedical industry will be unveiled at a live press briefing hosted by the California Healthcare Institute, BayBio and PwC in San Francisco on Monday, Jan. 7. Some of the questions that will be addressed during the briefing include:
- How will California innovation continue at a record pace?
- How are biomedical companies adapting to new threats and opportunities?
- Where are biomedical companies turning for capital, and who will finance new innovation in the future?
- How will reimbursement strategies play out in the US market?
- How will access to emerging markets help or hinder innovation?
- What are the key state and federal policy issues that will influence the ability for the United States and California to maintain global leadership in biomedical innovation?
While California’s biomedical industry produced 29 percent of the nation’s FDA approved treatments in 2012, the future will be determined by a confluence of factors -- the political, economic and regulatory environment, the availability of capital, health reform, globalization and state and federal budget deficits. These factors and the relative risks and opportunities they represent to the biomedical industry are among the topics explored by the report.
The briefing will include a presentation of research highlights, followed by a candid discussion with biomedical leaders with four California-based companies. The briefing will conclude with live Q&A with members of the media.
- Align Technology, Thomas Prescott, Director, President and CEO
- Janssen Healthcare Innovation, Diego Miralles, Head, West Coast Research Center
- Organovo, Barry Michaels, CFO
- BayBio, Gail Maderis, President and CEO
- California Healthcare Institute, David Gollaher, Ph.D., President and CEO
- PwC, Tracy Lefteroff, National Life Sciences Partner
- Mediavation, David Hung, M.D., Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer
|To login for the webcast, please enter the required fields below.|