Whether you are trying to break into government for the first time or make your leap to the next level in government, we all want to advance our skills. On February 28, GovLoop hosted a virtual career fair to help connect people with government organizations and provide helpful tips for finding a mentor, moving up the professional ladder, and navigating the government application process.
Although the live date has come and gone, you can still view the job openings, download resources, and listen to the recorded online trainings. Register today to:
Keynote - From Job Search to Salary Negotiation: Navigating the Government Application Process
- Hear best practice strategies from experts that know how to navigate the government application process
- Learn how to move up the professional ladder from people who have successfully done it
- Check out information on participating organizations who are actively seeking to fill vacancies
The government hiring process can be daunting. While it may be a bit more cumbersome than other application processes, it is possible to understand the nuances and tweak your resume to better position yourself for success. In this session, you will:
Keynote - Secrets of the C Suite: Senior Execs Reveal Top Steps to Success
- Understand how to truncate results in USAJOBS and other government job search sites to narrow down the most relevant opportunities
- Adjust your resume so it captures the attention of hiring managers.
- Learn how to handle everything from interviews to savvy salary negotiation.
Many of us marvel at the folks who climbed the leadership ladder and made it to the top of our organizations. We wonder "What can I do to follow in their footsteps?" This session will feature a panel discussion with people who’ve risen through the ranks quickly and with extraordinary integrity. Tune in to hear the panelists’ thoughts on:
The on-demand version of GovLoop’s Virtual Career Fair allows you to move from booth to booth and training to training at your own pace. Please note you cannot submit your resume directly to the booths, but many organizations still have openings on their website or USAjobs.com.
- The perfect blend of education and experience that got them to the top
- Hear lessons learned from experts that have succeed in government
- How they decided to stay put, step up and stand out at strategic moments in their career