Advancing Your Public Service Career: What You Need to Know
Public service is an evolving field, and an advanced degree is often required to advance to a management or leadership position. Choosing the right degree depends on your individual career goals.
Please join us on Sept. 27 at 2 p.m. for the webinar, “Advancing Your Public Service Career: What You Need to Know.” At this free, online session, the leadership team from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s School of Government will discuss how earning a Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree can advance your career in the public sector.
You will learn about:
When: September 27, 2012
- The skills you need to take on a leadership role in the public or non-profit sector.
- Job opportunities and career paths available to MPA graduates.
- The educational opportunities available to public service professionals, including the MPA, MBA, and MPP, and the differences between them.
- Types of MPA programs, including full-time, part-time, online, and joint degrees.
- What kind of experience and academic requirements you will need to be successful in an MPA program.
- UNC’s new online MPA program, MPA@UNC.
Time: 02:00 PM EDT