Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm EDT / 9:00 am PDT
LWW Nurse Editors’ Roundtable - The Future of Nursing
After a two-year collaborative effort, the Institute of Medicine and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation issued their report, The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. It offers several key messages and details recommendations to transform the nursing profession and advance health care.
Anne Dabrow Woods, MSN, RN, CRNP, ANP-BC, Chief Nurse of Wolters Kluwer Health / Lippincott Williams & Wilkins and Ovid Technologies, will lead a roundtable conversation with five of the leading LWW nursing journal editors to discuss what this report realistically means to staff nurses, advanced practice nurses, nurse educators, nurse managers and administrators and the nursing profession. In addition, each editor will discuss how their journals are supporting this initiative throughout 2011.
Joining Anne will be:
- Maureen “Shawn” Kennedy, MA, RN; Editor-in-Chief of the American Journal of Nursing
- Richard Hader, PhD, NE-BC, RN, CHE, CPHQ, FAAN, Editor-in-Chief of Nursing Management and Senior Vice-President and Chief Nursing Office of Meridian Health System
- Janet Fulton, PhD, RN, Editor-in-Chief of Clinical Nurse Specialist and Associate Professor at Indiana University
- Jamesetta Newland, PhD, FNP-BC, FAANP, DPNAP, Editor-in-Chief of The Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Associate Professor at New York University
- Suzanne Smith, EdD, RN, FAAN, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Nursing Administration and Nurse Educator
Register Today! If you cannot attend, be sure to register for the webcast anyway - we'll let you know when the archive becomes available so you can watch on demand.
|Please enable Cookies in your browser before registering for the webcast.|