Date: November 16, 2016
Time: 01:00 PM EST
Subject Area: Specialized Knowledge*
NOTE: This is a recording. Viewing this recording does not qualify for CPE.
CPE was awarded for the live event on November 16, 2016. If you watched the live webcast and qualified for CPE, you may access your certificate by clicking the CPE button at the bottom of the screen.
Some companies will find themselves in a financially distressed situation as a result of intense competition, evolving economics, a changing technological environment, or the occurrence of an unexpected disruptive event. However, we see times of distress as an opportunity to help companies uncover the right strategic and financial alternatives needed to react quickly and make decisions that will help redirect vulnerability into strength for years to come. Understanding options to navigating an effective and efficient solution are crucial to pivoting towards a stronger future.
In our second installment of a three-part, PwC’s Deals Practice webcast series, Crisis and restructuring, we will cover the key phases of restructuring during a bankruptcy and as one emerges from bankruptcy.
Topics to be covered include:
- Understanding accounting and financial reporting requirements during bankruptcy
- Understanding of both operational and financial roles (Monthly Operating Reports, Disclosure Statements, Form 10-Q and Form 10-K, Form 8-K, Claim Reconciliations)
- Discussion of potential considerations for synergies between the two reporting basis
- Understanding accounting and financial reporting requirements at emergence
- Discussion of Fresh Start Accounting
- Ramifications of the Plan of Reorganization and Disclosure Statement
- Understanding the significant valuations that will be performed during the transaction
- Impairment Testing
- Liquidation Value
- Enterprise Value
- Purchase Price Allocation for Fresh Start Accounting, if applicable