Webinar Event Details
Date: May 12, 2016
Time: Noon ET/ 9:00 am PT
Duration: 60 minutes (including Q&A)
What You'll Learn
The value of cloud for many data-intensive applications is clear. But what about running Oracle workloads on cloud? Is it safe to move mission-critical business applications like Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Oracle Retail, Hyperion, Flexcube, etc. to the cloud? How long will it take you to prepare Oracle instances for development, test, or production? What about Oracle Database, Middleware, and Application license implications?
Join Jonathan Miller, Global Oracle Cloud Leader at IBM, and Lucas Wager, IBM Cloud Sales Lead in the UK and Ireland, to learn why and how CxOs and LOB users are reaping benefits of a managed cloud by:
• Migrating existing Oracle infrastructure to the Cloud at low risk, low cost, and in short time
• Reducing costs by using a managed cloud infrastructure and experienced Oracle staff
• Realizing faster service delivery and time to value for Oracle-based business processes
• Improving resiliency with high-availability and disaster-recovery options
• Leveraging global fiber-optic communications network for Cloud to deliver low-cost, low risk, and timely ROI options to global expansion.
Jonathan Miller, IBM Cloud, Global Oracle Leader, Business Line Management worked for Oracle Corporation in Consulting, Global Account Management, Software Development, and as the Vice President of Embedded Technologies and Internet of Things. Moving to IBM, he pioneered Cloud-Based SaaS solutions and now a leader of worldwide sales in Cloud Enterprise Applications.
Lucas Wager, IBM Cloud Sales Lead, is an experienced IT sales leader with over 22 years experience in the IT Marketplace. For the past 2 years Lucas has led the Cloud Services Sales Division in IBM, driving multiple deals across different offerings areas including enterprise applications such as Oracle.