1. slide1-Checking the Pulse of Your Business Resolutions Megan R. Miller
2. Have a question?-Have a question? Submit it into the Questions panel of the ON24 console Questions will be answered at the end of the session But. Have a question?
3. Questions You are Dying to Ask-Questions You are Dying to Ask As an attendee, you have access to: A link to this recorded session A PDF of the presentation Answers to your submitted questions Questions you are dying to ask
4. Today's Presenter-Today's Presenter © 2015 Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved 6 Megan Miller Product Marketing 10+ years experience in professional services industry email@example.com Today's Presenter
5. slide5-8 Agenda
6. slide6-THE RESOLUTION REALITY
7. slide7-2/23/2016 12 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
8. slide8-38% 14
9. slide9-8% 16
10. slide10-WHY NOW? 2/23/2016 18 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
11. slide11-1 in 3 20
12. slide12-CHECK THE PULSE OF YOUR BUSINESS RESOLUTIONS
13. slide13-"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." James C. Collins - Good to Great 2/23/2016 24 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
14. slide14-2/23/2016 26 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
15. slide15-2/23/2016 28 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved Unrealistic Vague Not Feasible
16. slide16-BENCHMARKING FOR SUCCESS 2/23/2016 30 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
17. slide17-2/23/2016 32 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved Deltek Clarity report Benchmark against the competition Drill down to key performance indicators What is the industry average? What are high-performing firms doing? Where do you measure up? Benchmark Your Firm
18. slide18-2/23/2016 34 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved What are your numbers today? Where do you want them to be by the end of the year? What are the actions your firm will take to make progress? How and when will you check the pulse of your progress? What is the plan to make adjustments, if needed? Key Questions
19. slide19-CLIENT MANAGEMENT PLANNING 2/23/2016 36 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
20. slide20-38 Win a project with 5 new clients Find 15 new opportunities in Q1 Increase win rate by 3% Nurture relationship for top 10 clients What are your goals this year?
21. slide21-40 What gets in the way? 36th Annual Deltek Clarity A&E Study
22. slide22-42 Who are your top 5 clients? Who are your top 5 targets or prospects? Who is responsible for managing each relationship? How deep do our relationships go within the client organization? How often will you meet with your top 10? Do you have a clear client management plan for each of your top 10? Key Questions for Client Management
23. slide23-44 Tools to Monitor Progress
24. slide24-BETTER PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2/23/2016 46 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
25. slide25-48 Increase utilization by 3% Improve on-time, on-budget project delivery Develop project management center of excellence Improve project forecasting and budgeting What are your goals this year?
26. slide26-50 What gets in the way? 36th Annual Deltek Clarity A&E Study
27. slide27-52 Who are your top project managers? Schedule pitfalls - client- or team-driven? Where are your resource gaps and bottlenecks? What would it take to better assign and manage your teams? What tools do your project managers need to proactively manage their projects? Key Questions for Project Management
28. slide28-54 Tools to Monitor Progress
29. slide29-TALENT MANAGEMENT 2/23/2016 56 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
30. slide30-"Great vision without great people is irrelevant." James C. Collins - Good to Great 2/23/2016 58 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
31. slide31-60 Reduce turnover by 5% Succession planning for C-suite Next-up planning and development Grow staff by 10% What are your goals this year?
32. slide32-62 Employee satisfaction Cultural evaluation Professional development plans What does this actually mean?
33. slide33-64 Are your team members feeling challenged? How will you help your teams grow this year? What training and development programs do you need? Where will the time come from? Why do employees love your firm? Who's on deck? Are they ready? Key Questions for Talent Management
34. slide34-66 Tools to Monitor Progress Find. Recruit. Develop. Retain.
35. slide35-FACT-BASED DECISION MAKING 68 © 2016 Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
36. slide36-70 Increase operating profit by 2% Reduce overhead rate by 1% Reduce average collection period by 3 days Increase accounting efficiencies What are your goals this year?
37. slide37-72 Where are your top financial challenges? Clients/departments What are your strategic initiatives you need to support financially this year? Where are your billing bottlenecks? Where are administrative tasks getting in the way? Key Questions for Fact-Based Decision Making
38. slide38-74 Tools to Monitor Progress
39. slide39-MAKING GOALS COME TRUE 2/23/2016 76 CONFIDENTIAL Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved
40. slide40-78 SMART Strategic Measurable Attainable Realistic Time-bound Turning Goals into Reality
41. slide41-80 Reinforces commitment Helps you remember Accountability Focus Write Them Down
42. slide42-82 Develop actionable plan Daily tasks Weekly goals Monthly targets Regular check-ins Milestones Celebrate! Move the Metrics
43. slide43-Win More by streamlining your business development Manage More through great planning and resource optimization Develop More by finding and cultivating top talent Deliver More through professional service automation Measure More by visualizing the problem areas and the opportunities How Can Deltek help?
44. slide44-Putting it all together
45. Today's Presenter-Today's Presenter © 2016 Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved 88 Learn More Participate in this year's Clarity survey! http://bit.ly/ClarityAESurvey Register for a Live Demo - learn how Deltek can help you keep your finger on the pulse http://www.deltek.com/company/events/demos Join us for our next webinar - 9 Places Your Firm is Losing Profit and How to Find It http://bit.ly/1SQPQir
46. Today's Presenter-Today's Presenter © 2015 Deltek, Inc. All Rights Reserved 90 Megan Miller firstname.lastname@example.org 571.612.6663 @MeganRMiller Contact Information
47. slide47-Questions? 92