Monday, November 05, 2012 - 12:00PM EDT (New York) /9:00AM PDT (Los Angeles) / 5:00PM GMT (London)
Demystifying Meaningful Use
Impact on Health Information Technology and Improving Practice and Outcomes
“Meaningful Use” has become one of the most frequently used terms in the healthcare industry but what does it mean exactly? If you would like to deepen your understanding of meaningful use and what it means for patients, healthcare institutions, providers and medical librarians; you should attend Demystifying Meaningful Use.
You will learn more about:
- How is meaningful use intended to improve patient outcomes?
- Is it related to evidence-based practice?
- What are the implications of the new Stage 2 Electronic Health Records Incentive programs?
- What are unintended consequences of electronic health records?
- How can EHRs be optimized to help improve patient safety and quality?
- How does healthcare information technology support the emerging role of the ACO (Accountable Care Organization)?
Learn from expert speakers who are affiliated with 2 of healthcare’s “most wired” institutions and whose institutions have received accolades from Healthcare Information Systems Management System Society (HIMSS) for best practices in the realm of the electronic healthcare record and meaningful use.
- Dr. Susan McBride, RN, PhD, Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing and Senior Advisor West Texas Healthcare Information Technology Program
- Dr. Joe Schneider, MD, FAAP, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Baylor Health System and Chair of TMA Healthcare Information Committee and State Medicaid HIE Committee
- Mary Beth Mitchell, RN, BC, MSN, Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Texas Health Resources
Moderated by Anne Woods, MSN, RN, CRNP, ANP-BC, Chief Nurse of Wolters Kluwer Health / Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Journals and Ovid Technologies.
Earn CME or CE for attending this webinar:
Lippincott Continuing Medical Education Institute, Inc., is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749 for 1 contact hour, District of Columbia (Provider #50-1223), and Florida (Provider #50-1223).