Basel III & Liquidity: Going all the way
Date: Tuesday 25th September 2012
Time: 2.00pm BST
Join Risk and industry leading panellists for the upcoming webinar 'Basel III & Liquidity: Going all the way'.
The phased roll out of Basel III from next year is forcing banks to make significant changes to their businesses. Higher capital requirements are encouraging firms to shed risk-weighted assets and withdraw from certain capital-intensive business lines entirely.
In addition, the introduction of two new liquidity ratios will fundamentally alter how banks manage their assets and liabilities and, report their liquidity positions – presenting a number of challenges in terms of implementation.
This free webinar will feature a panel of industry experts, who will discuss the steps the banking sector is taking now – and the issues that still need to be tackled.
The questions below are just some of those the panel will seek to answer:
• How are banks altering their strategies in response to Basel III?
• Which activities are banks pulling back from as a result of Basel III?
• What are the main drivers?
Funding and liquidity
• Are the liquidity rules expected to be implemented in their current form? Where might potential changes be made? What is the timeline?
• What are the challenges in implementing the Basel III liquidity requirements?
• What is the experience of firms in this area?
• Moorad Choudhry, Treasurer, Corporate Banking Division, ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND
• Adrian Docherty, Head of Bank Advisory, Fixed Income, BNP PARIBAS
• Patricia Jackson, Partner, Head of Financial Regulatory Advice EMEIA, ERNST & YOUNG
Moderator – Nick Sawyer, Editorial Director, Risk
We look forward to you joining us on Tuesday 25th September, 2pm BST. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Test Your System
Download Flash Player